Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Bee Block for Bibi

For August in the Coast 2 Coast Block Party Bee, Bibi asked us to make a block for her son using some of her fantastic scraps and Oh Fransson's Map of the States tutorial. I really like how this turned out. It was a fun bee block to make, although I'm not sure that I'd like to do it for a whole quilt. It is a bit time consuming because you are basically fussy cutting each piece. But I did love being able to pick which part of the fabric I could use.


And for those Trixie fans out there {I keep joking with Mr. Crafty that I need to make her a Facebook fan page} she was "helping" me when I got out my cutting board to cut my batting down to size for my brother's quilt.


Don't worry, she was no where near the sharp sissors. She spent some time in the bathroom with her toys. She cried the entire time and made me feel bad. But she hasn't learned what is and what is not a toy. She also hasn't learned that I am not actually a jungle gym and that she should not play on me with her claws out. Trust me, I have the scratches to prove it!

1 comment:

Staci said...

little Trixie is so sweet! What a face!!

Love your bee blocks!