Sunday, February 21, 2010

This month's bee blocks

This month for the Coast to Coast Block Party Quilting Bee Ebony sent gorgeous pink, green and black & white fabrics and asked us to do free form log cabin blocks for her. I finally was able to work on them the end of the week since I was caught up with school for a second (more homework to get done later today).

These are the blocks I made for her. I added the solid white, the black on black swirl and the pink leaf fabric from my stash. I went a little too wonky and was running out af fabric with more width to add to the blocks!
I am also working on getting my fabric ready to mail out to the ladies. I washed and pressed it last night, now I need to cut it.


March is my month and I have something different in store for them. You'll have to come back later to find out what it is.

Rachel at P.S. I Quilt posted the first of her Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along blocks. Soooo want to work on that. I found a layer cake of Love U by Deb Strain on sale and bought it. Shhhh, don't tell Mr. Crafty. I haven't told him about that purchase yet. And we went to Joann's yesterday so that story will have to wait another day to be told. But he did buy me a larger cutting mat for my birthday next month! They were on sale 40% off.

No comments: