Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Photo awesomeness

I'm still alive. I think.

Several months ago, it seemed like a great idea to go back to grad school full-time and complete a second master's degree. In a year and a half. And still have time to have a life. And fundraise for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (while training for a marathon).

Somewhere in there, my craft time got reduced to about nothing. I crave it more than ever but I have made it my "reward" for getting the other things in my life done.

Soon, I will have new bee blocks to share. But they are currently in various stages of doneness on my cutting board.

In the meantime, How About Orange posted a link today that I really needed to share with you. The Victoria & Albert Museum (in the UK) has an online patchwork pattern maker. You can plug in a photo and it creates a pattern using squares and triangles so you can recreate it onto a quilt. How cool is that?

I played with it a bit earlier (shhhh, don't tell my boss!), and here are a couple things I made. I only have a few pics to chose from on my work computer and it seems to work best with close-ups of an individual image.

No comments: